The goals and vision of the Donal C. O’Brien, Jr. Sanctuary and Audubon Center can only be achieved with your support. From learning about the rich biodiversity of the Sanctuary to contributing to the development of the future Audubon Center and research facility, there are many ways to support the important conservation efforts happening here.
Help us move our vision forward to protect the amazing birds and wildlife that rely on the Audubon Sanctuary. Browse the website to learn how you can help preserve this pristine region for the health of our birds and wildlife.
- See how the Audubon Sanctuary is preserving the history of the Sound while creating a conservation plan for the future.
- Learn about the master site plan for North Carolina’s first Audubon Center and research facility at the Sanctuary.
- Find out how Audubon plans to open the Audubon Sanctuary to the public while preserving the grounds for birds and wildlife.
- See how supporting the Audubon Sanctuary will help protect birds and wildlife along the Outer Banks.
- Help protect birds and wildlife by signing up for advocacy alerts from Audubon NC and sharing your concerns with legislators.
- Join the Cardinal Club monthly giving program to help protect birds at the Audubon Sanctuary all year.
- Donate to support the conservation efforts in place to preserve the Sanctuary’s birds and wildlife that thrive here.
How you can help, right now
Stay in Touch with Pine Island
Learn about the bird conservation research taking place at Pine Island and find nature-focused events happening at this Important Bird Area along the Outer Banks in our periodic eBulletin.